The Peninsula Women’s Club is temporarily closed until existing electrical wiring and systems are compliant with current code. Opened in 1923, the Peninsula Club’s “cloth wiring” system is thought to be original. Cloth wiring was commonly used before plastic insulation was developed. Over time, the wires become brittle and can become a fire hazard. A contract will be presented to the City Commission for approval at their June 15 public meeting.