The Daytona Beach Police Department (DBPD) partners with local clergy members to interact with citizens on a more spiritual, social and emotional level.
- Work as needed to provide guidance in times of crisis
- Help those in crisis get through difficult times
- Serve as a liaison between DBPD and the city's faith-based communities
Qualifications & Requirements
- An ordained minister, priest or individual licensed by a duly recognized religious body compatible to, and in conformance with, the religious faiths that are represented in the Department.
- A minimum of five years of experience in pastoral and parish work
- Conform to Department policy as set forth in the General Orders or any other order where applicable
- Possess a valid Florida Driver's License
- Undergo special department training and instruction in areas which relate to the role and functions as determined by the Support Services Division
- Training includes (but is not limited to): radio procedures, jurisdictional boundaries, department organizational structure and Department policies