Business Tax Receipt
To conduct business in the City of Daytona Beach, you must have a city-issued business tax receipt, even for those businesses which are based from your home. If you have general questions, please call (386) 671-8280.
Applicants can obtain a City of Daytona Beach business tax receipt or in person at City Hall, 301 South Ridgewood Avenue, on the first floor room 127B. Forms for applying in person are available at the end of this page. View our Starting a New Business page for information on how to open a business.
To obtain a business tax receipt, you must attach copies of the following forms and or certificates when submitting the completed application:
- Auto repair shops, telemarketers, health and dance studios, and travel agencies must show their permit registration or an exemption from the State of Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services.
- Department of Business and Professional Regulation license or certificate (if applicable)
- Federal employers' identification certificate (if applicable)
- Business Tax Receipt Application (PDF) Opens in New Window
- Proof of fictitious name registration and/or Incorporation registration from the State of Florida (if applicable): Division of Corporations - Florida Department of State
- State sales tax certificate (if applicable): Florida Dept. of Revenue - Florida Dept. of Revenue (floridarevenue.com)
- Animal Permit Application
- Business Tax Receipt Application
- Canvasser - Solicitor Permit Application
- Custom Wearing Apparel Permit
- Dog Dining Permit Application
- Exemption Form
- Extended Hours Acknowledgement - Alcohol Sales
- Extended Hours Acknowledgement - Smoke Lounge
- Extended Hours Permit Application
- Handyman Affidavit
- Off-Premise Solicitation - Individual Permit
- Off-Premise Solicitation - Master Permit
- Sound Application Permit Application
- Unaltered Animal Permit
- Vehicle for Hire Application
Fees associated with the business tax receipt will be invoiced upon approval. Payments can be made through the online portal or in person. When submitting payments in person please note we no longer accept cash. Check or money order only.
Business Tax Receipts
Business tax receipts are enforced by the Daytona Beach City Code of Ordinances Opens in New Window, Chapter 90, Article V. You may call (386) 671-8140 to obtain information on the City Code of Ordinances.
City Business tax Receipts
Daytona Beach has fixed license fees as established by the city commission in 1981. Some business tax receipt categories have graduating scales of fees. You may be required to purchase more than one city business tax receipt. For example, if your business offers items for retail sales and repair services, separate licenses would be required for each service.
Renew Business Tax Receipt
All of Daytona Beach’s businesses are required to have a current Business Tax Receipt, which expire on September 30 of each year. Renewals can be done online or in-person at City Hall, 301 S. Ridgewood Ave. or online. Please call (386) 671-8280 if you have questions.
Depending upon your business location, an inspection of the property may be necessary. If required, a $56.35 inspection fee will be included with the Business Tax Receipt invoice. Inspections are scheduled once all Business Tax Receipt application is approved & all fees are paid.