Why Join Us?
If you want to truly experience the challenge of policing, the Daytona Beach Police Department offers a highly diverse experience.
Tourism, Speed Weeks, Bike Week, spring break and a large residential base are among the many challenges we face on a daily basis.
The largest municipal police department in east Central Florida provides a unique depth of law enforcement knowledge and skills that are only available here.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The City of Daytona Beach and the Daytona Beach Police Department are Equal Opportunity Employers.
Sponsorship - Police Officer
Are you interested in a challenging and rewarding career where you have the opportunity to impact people’s lives?
Have you considered being a police officer in the past?
The City of Daytona Beach Police Department is looking for someone like you! The DBPD is a great place to fulfill your career in law enforcement. The Daytona Beach Police Department offers excellent pay and benefits. The Daytona Beach Police Department also provides the opportunity to be a member of a specialized unit including SWAT, Narcotics, Criminal Investigation Division, Police Motors, Marine Unit and K-9 Unit.
Sponsorship Eligibility Requirements:
- Meet the classification of low, or below income based on family size from the chart below, OR be an Honorably Discharged Military Veteran regardless of income level.
- Complete and return the City of Daytona Beach Application Opens in New Window . Once your application is received, you will be emailed the Daytona Beach Police Department Personal History Questionnaire. These documents must be submitted at least ninety (90) days prior to the official Daytona State College Basic Law Enforcement Academy start date that you wish to attend.
- Successfully pass the Florida Criminal Justice Basic Abilities Test (CJBAT).
- Must pass full background check, polygraph exam, physical agility test and health physical.
- Successfully complete a panel interview.
- Complete a writing assessment (administered during panel interview).
- May not be an immediate family member of any current Daytona Beach Police Department employees.
**Must provide W-2 for income verification or a copy of your DD-214 to verify veteran status**
Immediate family members as defined by the current Daytona Beach Police Department Bereavement Leave Policy (1226.54): employee’s husband, wife, children, parents, brothers, sisters, grandparents, mother-in-law, father-in-law, and other persons who are part of the employee’s household.
Applicants who are selected for the Sponsorship Program will be required to sign an agreement with The City of Daytona agreeing to complete 3 years of service as a condition of employment. Sponsored applicants will be paid $9.00 per hour while attending the Basic Law Enforcement Academy at Daytona State College. The applicants Tuition, books, and uniforms will also be provided
Meeting all of the above requirements does not guarantee a sponsorship. There are a limited number of sponsorships available, and limited funding for this program. The length of availability of the Daytona Beach Police Department Sponsorship program will be influenced by budget, need, and position availability.
Please download and complete the documents listed below:
Attach the following documents:
- Birth certificate/Proof of U.S. Citizenship
- Copy of Social Security Card
- Copy of Driver’s License
- Highest Educational Diploma
- DD-214 (Prior Military)
- CJBAT results
Mail or hand deliver to:
Daytona Beach Police Department
Attn: Jason Dungan
129 Valor Boulevard
Daytona Beach, FL 32114