Construction Activity

NPDES Program for Construction Activity

Stormwater runoff from construction activities can have a significant impact on water quality by contributing sediment and other pollutants to water bodies.

Dewatering Permits for Construction Activity

The City of Daytona Beach Land Development Code (L D C) 7.2.N.9 provides permitting requirements for dewatering discharges into the City’s stormwater conveyance system. A permit shall be required prior to engaging in any dewatering activities, or in any construction activity that changes the impervious area of land. Dewatering activities include the removal of ground water from a construction site, enclosed vault, cofferdam, or trenches allowing construction or maintenance to be done in the dry, or any activity which changes the impervious area of land. The City of Daytona Beach’s MS4 must also be designated as a discharge location on the FDEP Construction Generic Permit (CGP) and a copy of the FDEP CGP NOI provided to the City. Dewatering Permits can be obtained through the City’s Online Permit Services. For more information please contact the Utilities Department at (386) 671-8801.

It is important to keep in mind that the permit required under Department of Environmental Protection's NPDES stormwater program is separate from the St. Johns River Water Management District Environmental Resource Permit (ERP) required under Part IV, Chapter 373, F.S., a stormwater discharge permit required under Chapter 62-25, F.A.C., or any other local government's stormwater discharge permit for construction activity. For more information view the NPDES Construction Activity Brochure (PDF).

Report Runoff

If you see runoff from a construction site, please email or call utilities dispatch at (386) 671-8815 with your location, description of runoff and a description / license plate of the offender.